bmwe21.net website

Anything that doesn't fit the other categories. Direct link: How to post photos and videos
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Re: bmwe21.net website is new & improved!

Post by uwbuurman »

Finally! :thumbsup

It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: bmwe21.net website is new & improved!

Post by Jeroen »

The end of the year is also the moment for some reflection on our activities. What we see more and more is that members' internet activities slowly but surely become more superficial, and there is a shift from participation to consumption. It is these times and the success of social media I guess. We did open up our own Facebook page and group which only helps to make sure we can be found anywhere.

Oh well, we're still covering some real special events each year, having some fab ones ourselves including our wonderful Sharknose Meet, we have some wonderful plans for 2015... please keep sharing your cars, work and finds on our forum and facebook and keep this place alive... thanks for your contributions people!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: bmwe21.net website

Post by Jeroen »

Further reminiscing about our future sometimes. What we do at BMWE21.net is volunteer's work. Trying to build a community of people that share the same passion, to help each other out and to enjoy that passion together. On this website and forum, Facebook, and of course our events where each one is a wonderful gathering! Money wise we only aim for just as much sponsors so our costs are covered.

Somehow it seems everyone wants a piece of the pie nowadays, making us feel that we have to compete with an increasing number of websites and pages, and finding that other (commercial) events are trying to snatch participants from our events. For what? The end result is that the community is fragmented more and more, in the end this might just mean the end of communities like these. Most people making our activities happen have busy jobs and they are putting their scarce spare time in this community. But not to compete. What is there to be won in the end? A few visitors or likes just before it all dies.

We built a great community here, together, with fabulous activities on the internet and at wonderful events. Thanks to all for supporting these initiatives! I'm not looking for expressions of your appreciation guys, just hope you can all help us maintain what we achieved, together!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen