Leather Retrim Costs?

Anything that doesn't fit the other categories. Direct link: How to post photos and videos
e21Keith
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): '81 323i Manual

Leather Retrim Costs?

Post by e21Keith »

For those of you that have followed my other posts my 323i is back from paint and looking good, more pics to follow.

I'm thinking about the interior and would like to get the front and rear seats retrimmed in blue leather. The fronts are Recaro LS, the rear is just the standard bench seat. I have vinyl door cards and blue carpet so I just need to get the seats.

Does anyone have experience of getting this done, how much should I budget?

arshad76
E21 Pro
My E21(s): Considering another E21

Re: Leather Retrim Costs?

Post by arshad76 »

So an easy answer to a hard question. It shouldn't cost that much. But it really is subjective. I'm sure you'll be aware there is a quality aspect to this and a quality job (the job itself and the type of leather) will all be factors. I'm budgeting about 2,000gbp. But that's for a door cards and carpetting too.

For just your seats I would say 800 if you get a very good price - anywhere up to 1,500. I would only go with someone who has been endorsed or has a decent portfolio.

On that note, there is a guy in Poland who I bought some alpina replica fabric from. He also does retrims and the quality looks astounding. There is the added headache of either going to Poland or having the seats sent there. However, if his quotes are favourable it could still be worthwhile.

If you're interested let me know. I'd be happy to post some pics here and send you his contact.
UK Moderator
e21Keith
E21 Fanatic

Post by e21Keith »

Thanks for that, I'm not adverse to having the work done abroad although the shipping could work out quite costly. I'd be interested in the details of your contact in Poland. I've had bits and pieces done in the UK, usually just having worn bolsters repaired but it's always been quite costly and the biggest issue has been matching the leather.
arshad76
E21 Pro
My E21(s): Considering another E21

Post by arshad76 »

Here you go. I'm not sure if you're on Facebook, but his name on there is Marek Szczepański. If you do decide to find out more, please mention my name. Not because he's likely to give you a huge discount, but I'm sure he'd appreciate where he got the recommendation from. Polite disclaimer though. I have no vested interest in you going with him or not. Just wanted to help out. Good luck :)
UK Moderator
e21Keith
E21 Fanatic

Post by e21Keith »

Been looking and found this guy Recaro Max on Facetube

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=recaro%20max

Prices are good but I'm interested to know if anyone has seen his work?

I'm also keen to see what people have done with their interiors, I'm looking for something period, definitely custom. So fronts will be straight forward Recaro retrims, but what have people done with their rears to get them to match the style, in standard form they are a bit flat and featureless.
nas80
E21 Mad

Post by nas80 »

sg styling in leeds does my interiors,

When it comes to deciding what kind of look you want theres nothing better then google images.

At the moment I'm a fan of corduroy fabric and leather. That's what I'm having done on my e21 and its gonna cost about 2k including a headlining.
[img]http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/nasbucket/forumsig.jpg[/img]