Baur rear seat price

Anything that doesn't fit the other categories. Direct link: How to post photos and videos
healeyneil
Upcoming E21 fanatic
My E21(s): '81 318is Baur - ahead of its time !

Baur rear seat price

Post by healeyneil »

Hi all. I have a complete rear seat from a Baur that another member on here might want to buy. Both parts are in OK condition, but would need to be recovered before use. What do you think a fair price would be for these bits please.
Im trying to do it this way because Im a bit fed up with people promising to buy things then not responding - mostly on another forum of course !!
Neil

e21Keith
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): '81 323i Manual

Re: Baur rear seat price

Post by e21Keith »

The value of a rear seat is going to be whatever the buyer wants to pay. The cost of recovering is likely to be quite high. I'm not sure if the Baur rear seat is unique to the Baur or just the same as the saloon as this would be reflected in the price. I have recently thrown away rear seats needing recovering as worthless!
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

The rear seat is modified on a Baur which makes it special I bought one as a spare in case I even want to move to leather. Not the most beautiful example but enough if it's going to be reupholstered anyway. I paid 50 quid and I'd say 50-100 is reasonable for one that is no more than a basis.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
petroscf
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '77 EU 316 (2.0 - manual/dogleg - lsd)

Post by petroscf »

e21Keith wrote:... I'm not sure if the Baur rear seat is unique to the Baur or just the same as the saloon ...
You mean that there might be a possibility that a baur rear seat fits the rear of the saloon? An E24-ish rear "bucket style" seat with the least of mods possible would be really lovely...
/oo=00=oo\
E21 Forever