photo advise

Anything that doesn't fit the other categories. Direct link: How to post photos and videos
bealo
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): 83 316 1.8
82 320/6

photo advise

Post by bealo »

I've been trying to start my 320/6 build topic but having trouble with up loading pics

I've been using flickr but when I copy the direct link and post it here it doesn't have 'jpeg' or anything like that in the address and will only create a link rather than actually showing the image
There is no option to display the properties so I cant do it that way either

I've tried many different ways to no avail and followed the 'how to post photos'. I've also tried using google photos but have the same result.

Can anyone help? I'm obviously missing something and do not want to fill my topic with a load of links as that would be rather annoying

Cheers Iain

You can't polish a turd.... but you can roll it in glitter!!!!
petroscf
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '77 EU 316 (2.0 - manual/dogleg - lsd)

Re: photo advise

Post by petroscf »

On flickr, when you are looking (you have open on your screen) the pic which you want to upload, click "share" and then copy not the image link but the "BBCode"
This is the link you paste on your post here and it works (at least worked with me)
/oo=00=oo\
E21 Forever
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Agree, that works, doesn't look perfect with the entire code, would be better is you only use part of the code but that's too much work having to do that for every single image. Google will work but gives you rediculously long url's. Photobucket works easier, or having your own domain and web space which doesn't have to be too expensive.

BTW privacy settings are crucial here, should always be set to public.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
bealo
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): 83 316 1.8
82 320/6

Post by bealo »

Ok thanks guys I’ll give that a go
You can't polish a turd.... but you can roll it in glitter!!!!