Need advice for Tuner/ mechanic- HELP!!!!!!

For all your questions, problems and DIY stories
Mpunzi29
Newbee

Need advice for Tuner/ mechanic- HELP!!!!!!

Post by Mpunzi29 »

Hi there everyone,

It has been a very looooong time since I was active and involved with this group but you've always come through in the past and I'm hopeful you will again. I just completed the paint/ body work on my 82 E21 and now need it to function as a car and not just a ridiculously expensive, giant statue. Originally this started with a 77 E21 body and motor. I had the motor of the 77 stroked and rebuilt by Top End Performance in LA a million years ago. At the same time, the work needed to finish the body was being assessed and we determined that it was too far gone to work with. I then got a clean 82 body about 5 years ago and my shop finally just completed it. They were doing it on the side during quiet times. Now I have a beautiful body of an 82 and a rebuilt 77 motor and need to get this back in order. When I started this, I was single and had tons of time, now I'm married with a 1 and 4 year old and forget free time. I need any recommendations for a tuning/ mechanic that is familiar with these cars. I want to convert the fuel injection system to electronic as well and add a turbo since that is what the motor was made for. Please help, I want to get this car back on the road under its own power before my daughter (now 4) graduates college. I'm in Queens, NY but am willing to drive anywhere within 4 hours of the tristate area. Thanks in advance!

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: Need advice for Tuner/ mechanic- HELP!!!!!!

Post by Jeroen »

Wow, welcome back buddy! You may also want to ask the question in our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/e21net/

Good luck and keep us posted!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Mpunzi29
Newbee

Re: Need advice for Tuner/ mechanic- HELP!!!!!!

Post by Mpunzi29 »

Thank you, I’ll give it a try :thumbsup