Place available for Oulton park trackday next Friday

Direct links: 2023 Calendar & reports ; All previous event reports
drjim
E21 VIP
E21 VIP

Place available for Oulton park trackday next Friday

Post by drjim »

Guys

I had booked the Oulton trackday as soon as Nick emailed out, but have had builders in for the last 6-7 weeks and am still trying to sort the house out.

The slug has not turned a wheel since July and I need to do lots of minor niggly jobs before it is ready to go - including new brake fluid, possibly pads as the brakes went very funny by the end of the Croft trackday! Sadly sorting out house, finding where all my clothes have gone, trying to restore some semblance of normality (currently have our bed in the lounge!) is going to consume all my time over the next week.

So I can't really do the trackday. It is as you know sold out, and the organisers are OK with me selling my place to someone else as long as they have the details for the sign on sheet. If I just cancel they'll give me a partial refund carried over to another trackday, but still take an admin fee.

So does anyone want to go to Oulton park and spend some time doing an end of season trackday next Friday? It was £140 but I'll take a fair offer.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Jim

1983 316 Pustergrun - track sluG!
1982 Saphirblau Baur 325i

Cars all gone!
e21-Mark
E21 Master
My E21(s): 316 m52/2.8 Cat Cams & Jenvey ITB
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JackyardBackoff

Re: Place available for Oulton park trackday next Friday

Post by e21-Mark »

I'd have loved to go but 196 miles is just too far. Shame. Do you want me to post on other forums Jim?
drjim
E21 VIP
E21 VIP

Post by drjim »

If someone you know is interested then that's good. It is theoretically possible that I could sort brakes etc at some stage this weekend, borrow the truck again, load up Thursday evening and be there for trackday fun on Friday but I suspect it would be horribly stressful rushed preparation and it's probably better to just miss this one.

Worst trackday experience of my life was Silverstone last year - tow car had flat battery, keys trapped in ignition and couldn't open boot to get to battery (Audi A8), track car needed all fluids changing etc, trailer had flat tyre and turned out no light board meaning I had to go and buy one, then set off four hours later than planned, got to hotel at midnight, back on road to Silverstone early doors, got to circuit and didn't manage a full lap because of fuel pump failure causing low pressure and misfire. Came home after lunch. Stressed off my head by the whole experience. I fear this weekend/next week could be the same, and in the overall scheme of things it's not worth worrying about.

Post elsewhere, but I'd rather not sell the place to someone in a saxo with baseball cap on backwards!

Jim
1983 316 Pustergrun - track sluG!
1982 Saphirblau Baur 325i

Cars all gone!
e21-Mark
E21 Master
My E21(s): 316 m52/2.8 Cat Cams & Jenvey ITB
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JackyardBackoff

Post by e21-Mark »

drjim wrote: Post elsewhere, but I'd rather not sell the place to someone in a saxo with baseball cap on backwards!
I don't think I know anyone of that description tbh. :lol:

I just booked in to do the final Retro Rides trackday of the year on November 10th. I'm just hoping it'll be dry. I know what you mean about getting stressed though. I hate being late for signing on or having no time to check the car over before scrutineering etc. No matter how early I try and get there, it never seems enough. I'm thinking of stepping up a level and entering some races next year. Particularly the SEMSEC modified production saloons. All being well I just need ''in date'' seat & harness and I'll be ready to go.
murran
E21 Pro

Post by murran »

ive not really had a bad track day experience in the 5 or so i did a few years ago in my mk2 golf.
apart from spinning off at cadwell once didnt hit owt tho but it made one of the marshals get up and abondon his post as i was heading straight for his hut lol.
also having to drive home with howling rear wheel bearings once.
got black flagged at croft cus id filled the oil up to max and it was smoking out of hard corners. (had to drop half a litre out of it in the pit area.)
Jeroen wrote:Bmwe21.net, for all your insurance solutions :P