usernames starting with M-N-O

Introduce yourself and get to know other E21 fanatics
moe_325
Newbee

South African Newbie

Post by moe_325 »

Hi everyone, glad to have found a forum to share & communicate with fellow E21er's.

We in South Africa were unfortunate not to have the E21 made locally available but those that are in our country are all imported and Left Hand Drive,we are a Right Hand Drive country. We started with the E30,of which I'm just as big a fanatic,I own 3 E30 325i sedans. Being an ardent BMW fanatic,I fell in love with this particular model when I was just 6 years old,a neighbour owned an olive green alpina spec 323 and 3 years later my geography teacher @ primary school owned 315 and to this day have the pictures of those cars etched in my memory and the dream of owning one finally materialised last week,I bought one in a fair condition,a lot of it is still original,but looking forward to the restoration of this legendary vehicle!

Looking forward to chatting to you guys and taking advice and I would also be needing parts for the build so please guys,kindly assist!

Regards
Moe_325
SOUTH AFRICA

Its not what you drive,its HOW you drive it!!!
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: South African Newbie

Post by Jeroen »

Welcome here! Luckily we have some people from AU and UK as well so even with your specific RHD needs or Q's we should be able to help you out.

From the country with some of the most legendary E30's like the 333i and 325iS 2.7 I can imagine you're an E30 addict and they are ultimate drivers cars, but the E21 has some more classic looks. Nice you've added an E21 now as well so you have both now, keep us updated on the project and :takepicture are always welcome!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Manitoba
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '80 323i, 5-speed manual Kastanien rot

Re: usernames starting with M-N-O

Post by Manitoba »

Hi all BMW & e21 enthusiasts! My real name is Walter, I am 40 years old and I live in the center of The Netherlands. What am I doing here, since I do not even own an e21 nor any other BMW... :oops: . I used to own one and actually I am looking for that specific car. I also had an orange 2002 ti, did some racing in an e30 325i and I just completed the Winter Edition of the Carbage Run 2012 with an e3... So I am kind of familiar with this beautiful brand and its even more beautiful models.

I will place my search in the right section for that. It's good to see and read that there are many enthusiasts for one of the most beautiful BMWs ever made....

Later! :thnx

Greetz,
Walter
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Welcome here, sounds like we will like some more info on you and your cars. Sounds like the E3 is a great addition to the Sharknose Meeting as well!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Mcinek
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): '80 BMW 323i

Post by Mcinek »

Marcin Pleciak (Poland)

Cars: 1980 BMW 323i

Work: Sales manager at BMW Dealership.

Hobby: Classic cars, gardening.
BMW E21 323i - My beloved classic car.
BMW "Freude am Fahren"
Marcin
Peter V.
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '82 320/6

Post by Peter V. »

Your job explaines perfectly why the BMW E21 is restored like it is now. Unlimited parts.
Gr Peter V.

.Some say he eats nuts and bolts for breakfast, all we know is he is called the carburetorman.

BMW E21, 1981 320/6 Ascot Grau.
BMW E85, 2004 Z4 2.5i Sterling Grau.
BMW F31, 2017 320dA EDE Luxuryline Mineral Grau.
mama's auto
E21 starter
My E21(s): 315 1982 pustagroen
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/franc.verstappen

even voorstellen mama's auto (mom's car)

Post by mama's auto »

please allow me to introduce myself...

I understand that we communicate in English here? Which is ok for me.

We bought a series 2 BMW 315 in november 2013. To be honest, we used to drive heavy Mercedes's, but the new tax policy forced me to sell those. We bought the e21 merely because my wife likes the looks of it, and because of it's modes weight, which makes it tax-friendly here in the Netherlands.

But in the mean time, I kind of fell in love with it, and since I'm the technician of the family, you guys will have to cope with me here on the forum.

We bought this BMW for a rther bargain price, with the intention of gradually upgrading it. Front fenders are seriously rust damaged, new ones allready bought. There is one rusted hole in the bottom, which I will have welded before winter. Further not much rust, allthough some spots are beginning.

Small repairs up till now:
warning lights switch (expenseve) bought new
"normal"lights, did not work becaus of relais. I searched quite long, for this one. In the searching process, I swapped the relais, (with the one for the horn), and that made no difference. But still, the error was the relais! But the horn worked with this faulty relais, the lights not!

To do:
heating fan. The fan itself works, but there is a wiring problem I can't seem to find. Help welcome!
remove the defect, heavily rusted and not-original fog lights. (one-headlight grill allready purchased)
radio (interface console purchased today)
radiator exchange (severly worn, and mounting lip is away)
interior worn out badly.

Today I bought these parts from this guy Leon, for reasanable prices. He's a nice guy, gives helpfull advice and has loooots of stuff. He said he is on an e21 forum, and I suppose that's over here. I will probably be meeting him again.

My other activities in live, apart from being a husband and father of 2, are making music, politics (no, I will not start about it on this forum, promise) and home improvement of our 1930 house.

see you soon,
Frank
M'enfin...
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Hi Frank,

Welcome here! Sounds like a sweet car with some work, but also some genuine E21 gremlins that in many cases aren't too hard to fix (like electrical issues that usually are very limited, and the hazard warning switch). Rust clearly is an issue, but apart from that these cars are pretty sound and reliable. For the heating fan we may need some additional info (like when does it work, or not), perhaps only works in its highest postion where the resistor may be broken. Start a new topic with some more details in the Technical section and you'll have answers in no time.

As you probably noticed we have both an English as well as a Dutch section on the forum, both pretty active if I may say so. And we're not only active as a website, forum and Facebook community, we also do events. The larger part lies behind us for this year, but we have some things planned like a tour in the Zuid-Holland/Zeeland region on October 4th, perhaps you can join us there! You can find more info in the International Events Calendar and the Dutch Events Calendar and these calendars include links to relevant forum topics on each event.

Perhaps you can present your car with some pics in the English 4 cylinder Owner's Gallery or the Dutch 4 cilinder Register at some point.

This Leon guy, yeah we know him, just banned him for life. Kidding! He has been a respected contributor and parts supplier for years here!

Have a good time with your E21 and we'll try to help you get the best out of it here!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen