318i 1982 Bruno Dubai

e21Keith
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): '81 323i Manual

Re: 318i 1982 Bruno Dubai

Post by e21Keith »

I see electric window switches on the centre console, does it really have electric windows, I didn't think that was ever an option?

BrunoT
E21 starter
My E21(s): '82 Jap 318i manual

Post by BrunoT »

Jeroen wrote:Nice results! Indicators being on is a US and Jap thing I believe, sort of driving lights.
True apparently they are a Jap and US thing.

arshad76 wrote:Hi Bruno and welcome. Nice progress. You've also got factory AC which is a plus and a larger extended toolbox. I'm actually working on Oman currently. May come to Dubai to see if I can get a deal on an Audi s8 v10,
Thanks. You should be able to some good deals on those audis

e21Keith wrote:I see electric window switches on the centre console, does it really have electric windows, I didn't think that was ever an option?
So I asked around and apparently the Japanese dealer back in the days custom fit electric Windows on some of the e21s as an option. They even had cloth and closed up the holes on the door cards as you can see in my post in this thread. They used the switches from mercedes w108 w109 etc...

http://www.bmwe21.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=15
BrunoT
E21 starter

Post by BrunoT »

Haven't updated in a while so here we go.

Replaced the muffler, it was in a weird state

the new one that was fabricated

The underside was not as bad as I initially thought, apparently they had some sort of thick hardner applied under both the driver's and passenger's side foot wells back when it was in Japan. We peeled them off and treated the surface. There was no sign of rust or rot which was just fine with me.

So had her registered last Wednesday the 15th

It was raining here for a couple of days so I parked her underground and didn't get to enjoy her.

I took a photo of the milage just for the sake of it, can you notice something in there? Lol

Anyways just came back from work, pulled over and decided to snap a few photos since my camera was with me, enjoy!

The interior will need some work, took of the glove box because the handle was broken, will put it back in once I source a new handle. I can already name a few things that need to be fixed which will be tackled next.

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Slowly catching up with a major forum backlog after my vacation, but thanks for another lovely photoshoot! If you need any parts like for the glovebox, just ask in the Wanted section.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Post by uwbuurman »

Nice picture update indeed! I must say, the only thing that xomes to mind by lokking at that speedo pic, is: a shirt with purple squares? Really? :bag

Nice steering wheel, btw.
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport
e-einundzwanzig
E21 Pro
My E21(s): '82 318i manual

Post by e-einundzwanzig »

By looking closer, You took a picture from above the steering wheel hub, while your hands are under it...You pushed the button with your teeth?
I took the corner at high speed, came in the ditch, drove straight through a garden, flipped over 4 times and then I lost control of my steering-wheel!
BrunoT
E21 starter

Post by BrunoT »

didn't check this section in a while

Jeroen wrote:Slowly catching up with a major forum backlog after my vacation, but thanks for another lovely photoshoot! If you need any parts like for the glovebox, just ask in the Wanted section.
I have the glovebox, my lock is broken so i ordered some interior parts from garagistic along with some bushing in Feb 25.... till today i haven't received anything yet. i'm very disappointed with their e21 support, they are good with e30 stocks but seem to be lagging with E21 products.

uwbuurman wrote:Nice picture update indeed! I must say, the only thing that xomes to mind by lokking at that speedo pic, is: a shirt with purple squares? Really? :bag

Nice steering wheel, btw.
you dont like my taste? :P :loll

e-einundzwanzig wrote:By looking closer, You took a picture from above the steering wheel hub, while your hands are under it...You pushed the button with your teeth?

how on earth did you spot that? lol nice catch
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Tried to copy the photo of your instrument cluster but gave up after a zillion pop ups from crappy photofucket :hammer

But the cluster is funny compared to what we're used to here, with the reed stripe on the odometer from 100 km/h on, and the fuel gauge that does not display litres but half, full, etc.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen