E21 Master
My E21(s): 316 m52/2.8 Cat Cams & Jenvey ITB
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JackyardBackoff

Post by e21-Mark »

Good work guys & great pictures!

Jacko
E21 Fanatic

Post by Jacko »

murran wrote:you 2 finished the beam off? fantastic! what time were you there till?
Yeah got it finished, it was pretty late on tbh not sure but about 9-10o'clock.

I bet Nas has been out all day fitting his front coilovers... :D
1986 E28 M535i - Car stripped to shell ready to be blasted
1981 E21 323i - 2.8 24v on throttle bodies & cams - 3.0 conversion soon.

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/Arnold_the_swimmer/My%20M535i/IMG_0447sig-1.jpg[/img]
Pho21_girl
E21 Pro

Post by Pho21_girl »

Cool vids too
Hannah x
www.hannahdollimore.co.uk
nas80
E21 Mad

Post by nas80 »

i have a fair few picsm, but cant upload em just yet. will sort it out later on.

was a good day of grafting, as you can tell we had some fun during our lunch break lol.

was brilliant going in Murrans car for skids, i was pissing my self with enjoyment.

Yeah i had to get that beam done - so many thanks to jacko for hanging on late. I did spend all day yesterday fitting the front coilovers, so sorry for the delay in responding to the thread. I tell you wat that indoor burnout has messed up my lungs man - i been coughing and spluttering since lol was soooo funny though - cos he pulled in and then just did a big burnout, i was like WTF is he doin! lol

i need a rest this week - my arms and hands are aching from all the spannering!
nas80
E21 Mad

Post by nas80 »

ok uploaded some pics..

on the way there in the morning i stopped at the services for a fag break and a piss. In the car park there were a few really expensive cars parked up. i decided the safest place for my e21 would be in the middle of these.

i call this picture

"Boris the old school Beemer invades millionaires row"

another angle.

Jackos pretty much got the same pics as me.

but here are mine

Pho21_girl
E21 Pro

Post by Pho21_girl »

Cracking bbq!
Hannah x
www.hannahdollimore.co.uk
pistonheader
E21 Fanatic

Post by pistonheader »

i bet those cars were together. an RS6, a 997 Turbo and a CL (probs 600 or 63 AMG!) all of which i like. except the Q7...!
drjim
E21 VIP
E21 VIP

Baur rebuildathon

Post by drjim »

Well the Baur rebuild is going slowly, I have some bodywork photos somewhere and Murran took some pics of the engine we (or rather he) fitted on Sunday. Wiring and fettling remains to be done!
1983 316 Pustergrun - track sluG!
1982 Saphirblau Baur 325i

Cars all gone!
murran
E21 Pro

Re: Baur rebuildathon = updated thread

Post by murran »

ah cheers for finding the thread jim, i did have a half arsed look for it but meh!

first off, my apologies for very crappy pictures........

fettled drjims rather nice high comp 325i (or is it a 323i, mobster. hmmmmm???) engine a little with new waterpump cambelt and clutch etc.
then made a new clutch pipe and little flexi bracket etc.
bolted the gearbox on slotted it in..... which was interesting.... never used a two poster car lift and a scafold bar as an engine crane before....
bolted inlet on and coolant housing.
started arranging wiring and remembering where stuff goes, bolted alternator and ps pump on.

that was about as far as jim and me got. i also wrote on about 5 sticky post it notes about what little jobs need doing.....
Jeroen wrote:Bmwe21.net, for all your insurance solutions :P
arshad76
E21 Pro
My E21(s): Considering another E21

Post by arshad76 »

Why I haven't seen this thread I don't know. You guys had a lot of fun without me, so you'll all off my eid card list now! FAP

Jim, my car is almost there. Give some Lithuanian guys a spray oven and some decent tools and they can honestly work miracles. Let me know if you fancy having yours resprayed after you've seen mine and I'll take you down.
If you need a list of parts put them on, I might just be able to help you with a couple.

Murran I'm getting my 1.3 Motronic components and a guy to sort it, so the least you can do is how me how to drift like you!
UK Moderator
e21-Mark
E21 Master

Post by e21-Mark »

Good work fitting the 2.3 there. :roll: So how long to MOT time? 8)
nas80
E21 Mad

Post by nas80 »

Theres not much left to do now! This will be a really nice car to drive about in once its all sprayed up and with the 2.5 in there. 8)
[img]http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/nasbucket/forumsig.jpg[/img]
drjim
E21 VIP
E21 VIP

Post by drjim »

I'd love to say MOT next week, which would be feasible if I had spent any of my days off this week on it, but Monday was get ready for trackday and look after Kids, Tuesday trackday, Wednesday unload car etc after trackday, look after kids and buy a dyson (the DC31 handheld thing, actually pretty good gadget).

I need to wire brush the manifold as it was only when it weht on the car that the horrible green tinged lacquer on it really became apparent. I'll do the rocker cover black, manifold silver.

Jobs to do are now wiring, connect fuel pump/hoses, replace track rod ends with serviceable ones, connect clutch pipes, fit exhaust, connect battery, fit spark plugs, fill everything with oil etc and try engine. The rear arches still aren't right, I have given up trying to get them to look like the originals, and just hhaving them look similar and as though they were designed that way will do. then it's paint and being a Baur there's a lot less than a saloon. I do have a painter in the bay next to me so I'll discuss with him first.

Rob has a list of stuff I need again - exhaust manifold is the number one. I suspect there are loads of bits I need but haven't realised yet. i could also do with a slightly less collapsed drivers seat, although the one I have is good cosmetically so maybe I'll just ram some foam in it.

I'll also need a stereo and to decide whether to fit some speakers in the parcel shelf - worried it's a bit chav in a convertible!
1983 316 Pustergrun - track sluG!
1982 Saphirblau Baur 325i

Cars all gone!
e21-Mark
E21 Master

Post by e21-Mark »

The hood will cover them when down Jim. I removed the rear ash trays and put 6x4's in there to good effect.
murran
E21 Pro

Post by murran »

lol, so what weekend are we doing this again?
id suggest waiting till youve got the manifolds.
Jeroen wrote:Bmwe21.net, for all your insurance solutions :P