New car colour (new mirrors)

Share the story on your car, and photos!
Mobster

Re: New car colour (new mirrors)

Post by Mobster »

I'm not sure it is "Max Power". look at it parked next to another one.

arshad76
E21 Pro
My E21(s): Considering another E21

Post by arshad76 »

Mobster wrote:I'm not sure it is "Max Power". look at it parked next to another one
Well that photo definitely confirms it for me! Looks something worthy of Max Power (not saying that's a bad thing, just not my gig now I'm in my thirties) I'd feel odd driving it now. It's not so much the colour but the alloys, mirrors, lights and shadowlining - but as with anyones taste, each to their own.

Roof rack looks funky and after the inital shock the beige has grown on me Ted. Bold move and for me its definitley an improvement :driving
UK Moderator
Mobster

Post by Mobster »

Definately agree with you on the mirrors, they belong on a Renault 5 GT Turbo with a big roof spoiler and single wiper conversion (sound like something i had when i was 17). The lights....hmmm...not sure,they look awesome in the dark but no so awesome in daylight. Alloys are just bad ass and compliments to the guys who got 17" Azevs to fit. Alot of machining was needed. Apart from that, Fritz's 6 Branch, custom stainless exhaust at a cost of £1500 etc etc. These cars had £12k spent on them each, excl buying the cars in the first place.

I do like Ed's cars, not keen on the single lights and coloured wheels he might fit but love the rest.
e30racer
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by e30racer »

How did they spend 12 grand? Am gonna build me own e21 soon as I find a solid one to start wiv. Don't wanna spend 12 grand tho.

I figure 3k on paint
about 1k on wheels
1k on coilovers
1k on the interior
1k on engine or maybe 2k if I rebuild it?
Still only totals 7k tho?
£1500 on an exhaust?? You woz robbed!! :lol:

Looks well cool in beige mate. On the zone that purple look is called ''council'' :lol: Proper tacky! All it needs is some lexus back lights! FAP
E21meister
E21 Pro

Post by E21meister »

arshad76 wrote:
Mobster wrote:I'm not sure it is "Max Power". look at it parked next to another one
Well that photo definitely confirms it for me! Looks something worthy of Max Power (not saying that's a bad thing, just not my gig now I'm in my thirties) I'd feel odd driving it now. It's not so much the colour but the alloys, mirrors, lights and shadowlining - but as with anyones taste, each to their own.

Roof rack looks funky and after the inital shock the beige has grown on me Ted. Bold move and for me its definitley an improvement :driving
Well, if you read back on my comments on the (then purple) car I think it had the right balance of modern updates without being tacky. Ironically with the toast rack on the roof and Desert Rat paint it's exactly what Maxy pads magazine would feature, but hey each to their own, it's your car/money.
e30racer
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by e30racer »

Wern't Barney that colour? :lol:

Each to there own but think 17's look a bit big for an e21 and angel eyes look a bit modern. Whats inside like?
Mobster

Post by Mobster »

e30racer wrote:How did they spend 12 grand? Am gonna build me own e21 soon as I find a solid one to start wiv. Don't wanna spend 12 grand tho.

I figure 3k on paint
about 1k on wheels
1k on coilovers
1k on the interior
1k on engine or maybe 2k if I rebuild it?
Still only totals 7k tho?
£1500 on an exhaust?? You woz robbed!! :lol:

Looks well cool in beige mate. On the zone that purple look is called ''council'' :lol: Proper tacky! All it needs is some lexus back lights! FAP
Do you know what a Fritz Bits manifold costs ? Then you have an awesome custom made stainless system made !

Omar
e30racer
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by e30racer »

About £400? I had a group N system custom built for me M3 and it never cost £1 100! You can easy get a full system for £500 I reckon?!

Asif