Seat re-trim

For all your questions, problems and DIY stories
SteveA
Newbee

Seat re-trim

Post by SteveA »

After I bought my E21 I realised that the front seat base was broken, two springs snapped and a centre support bar broken in two places with one end detached from the frame :o My plan is to repair (weld) the frame, but will have to remove all the trim to reduce the risk of setting it alight.
As the trim is quite worn and it has to come off anyway I was thinking about fitting new seat covers, but can anyone confirm what colour they are? I'm guessing it could be mocca?

Thanks,

arshad76
E21 Pro
My E21(s): Considering another E21

Post by arshad76 »

Looks like Anthracite to me
UK Moderator
PK
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by PK »

didn't mobster have a complete black interior for £100?

what state is the rest of it in?
1983 Black 316 manual
Rusty Mk3 Golf TDi (let's if it makes it through an MOT)
pistonheader
E21 Fanatic

Post by pistonheader »

just get different seats mate.

on a separate note, where in south wales are you? i go to uni near cardiff.
SteveA
Newbee

Post by SteveA »

PK, the rest of the seats are in pretty good nick, it's just the drivers seat which has suffered, I guess any second hand seats risk being sorn in just the same places.

pistonheader, I'm a bit further East, out in the sticks between Newport and Chepstow.

In a fit of enthusiasm I stripped the seat base down to the metal frame and welded it back together last night and finished fitting it all back together this evening. After driving it for quite a few months with a broken base, there is quite a novelty to not sinking into the seat when you sit on it :lol: