harleytrikes e21 now mine

das930
Newbee

harleytrikes e21 now mine

Post by das930 »

I am now the owner of matts e21 which got delivered to me yesterday and i would like to say (without starting a debate) that i found him a great guy to deal with ,never met him as all was done by phone and email but i felt confident to send funds by transfer and he done everything that he said he would and more so thanks matt in my eyes a good all round guy.I am no stranger to the e21 as it was my first car then worked through them to apinas m3gt z3m ext ext until i found buying these things on finance was not the way to go so i sold my roadster paid a further 8000 to get out of the finance and brought a van,ever since i brought only buy cars with cash and only buy cars that will hold there money so with the deal we made i think the e21 should tick the box well.
there will be a few changes made firstly i will be putting chrome bumpers and kidney grill back on,then into body shop to get all the little bits done ,i may loos the roll cage so sunroof becomes functional but this would require the rear seats to be made good (this one I'm undecided on)
does anyone no how much that roll cage would be worth?
I have been trying to find out all previous owners that are on this forum as car seems to have been here for ages so far only come up with silver surfer so any information would be good.
the e21 is now the forth car in my garage but with the engine swap and everything else that has been done seems to fit in just nicely ,once i have cleaned it from its 208 mile journey on the back of a transporter i will post come pictures of it in its new surroundings but for now the other cars i own
once again thanks to matt and hopefully are paths will cross again

jimbob
E21 Pro

Re: harleytrikes e21 now mine

Post by jimbob »

Welcome and congratulations on your buy. great car and one of only a few in that colour in the uk
I think the cage should be worth £300 to £500. Good luck with the changes :thumbsup
E21 323i [kashmere] Off the road pending restoration
E21 3231[Graphite metalic] Restoration and conversion to M52
E36 318i Had it nearly 10 years work in progress
E36 328i Daily driver
E39 520i Family car school run workhorse
E36 328i Touring
arshad76
E21 Pro
My E21(s): Considering another E21

Post by arshad76 »

Welcome Das, nice Z3! Like you say, irrespective of what happened, Harleytrike spent a great deal of time and effort into his E21. I too was tempted, but I thought I'd mention it after someone bought it than before! Easy to buy these things, harder to store, insure and afford when you have three other cars especially.
Do you have any other plans for it? I don't personally care for the Alpina spoiler - unless it's a genuine Alpina - so I would have rocked with the original valance and sold the Alpina version on ebay. The roll cage would have also come out for me and I would have reverted back to the chrome look. Anyway, it's your car - not mine! Welcome and look forward to some updates.
UK Moderator
das930
Newbee

Post by das930 »

Have decided to loose roll cage as it restricts door window Handel,sunroof and glove box so will put this up for sale shortly . Have been to body shop and booked in to have all the little bits sorted so will be mint , not that it's bad but there are a few bits that need tidying only down side is he can't do for 5 weeks but this will give me time to strip and re-chromed bumpers along with kidney grill all bits I am doing are not down to needing just down to personal taste . Once all is done will have a car that is as I like it .
Funny thing is it's the cheapest car in the garage but stands its ground along with the dearest
Very pleased with this purchase a lot of car for not a lot of money
Happy days
nas80
E21 Mad

Post by nas80 »

hi mate and welcome to forum. we have already spoken on PM but if you get any questions about the swap just drop me a note.

you have some lovely cars there, I love the z3m's the Porsche looks very serious too! How do you find the performance compared to the others?
[img]http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/nasbucket/forumsig.jpg[/img]
das930
Newbee

Post by das930 »

nas80 wrote:hi mate and welcome to forum. we have already spoken on PM but if you get any questions about the swap just drop me a note.

you have some lovely cars there, I love the z3m's the Porsche looks very serious too! How do you find the performance compared to the others?
Haven't really had chance to give it sum yet and there is a chance I won't either as I brought this without the wife knowing and it has not gone down well so one car has to go either the z3m roadster or this the roadster is up for sale now at 5700 with hardtop and this will be up by the end of the week if I don't get a nibble
It will be priced to sell at £6180 as that's what it owes me and in the short time I have had it I think thats a bargain
The Porsche is highly modified and is at about 450bhp and to be quite honest is frightening but I would think the e21 would have no trouble keeping up with the z3ms
If anyone reads this and thinks they might like the e21 if it does come up drop me a pm
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Welcome here! Some nice cars indeed, hope the E21 is to stay though!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Grewham
Upcoming E21 fanatic
My E21(s): 80 323i Factory Black 5 speed LSD

Post by Grewham »

Hey Dale, first thread :thumbsup too long in the wings, i know his 911, its raw!! Took him for his first turbo spin :shock in mine at the time...6k was a steal mate!!! Will try and pop up in the week and have a look at her, cheers bud..Gra :wink:
No sweeter purfume than a mans own farts (Oscar Wilde)
cobbler2u
E21 Pro
My E21(s): 323i baur
323i special
328 sport
325i

Post by cobbler2u »

hi Dale
Welcome to the forum.
I sold the car to silver surfer. So if you need any info drop me a pm

Cheers
Kyri
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Post by uwbuurman »

Hi, welcome! To bad the missies doesn't understand men andere their cars....

I always tell my wife that I only have one wife, but several cars. And then I tell her that it also works for me to have it the other way around...
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport
das930
Newbee

Post by das930 »

uwbuurman wrote:Hi, welcome! To bad the missies doesn't understand men andere their cars....

I always tell my wife that I only have one wife, but several cars. And then I tell her that it also works for me to have it the other way around...
I use that maybe I can keep all!
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Post by uwbuurman »

Our you'll end up with no cars and 3 girls....
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport
das930
Newbee

Post by das930 »

well the initial downer on the e21 turning up has calmed down and peace is once more ,the z3m roadster is up for sale but if it does not fetch what i want i will install a four post ramp so i can stack one on top of another so as to turn the three car garage into a four. i have taken apart the kidney grill stripped it of its black paint and is now back to chrome . I have also taken front bumper of and started to strip paint but have found the chrome to be keyed up so popped down to grahams today and purchased a good chrome set to fit next week end . once i have these i will take both back and front bumpers strip all paint of and then sell these if there is any interest to someone that whats to colour code a set

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Made the photo links work for ya mate, perhaps we should move this thread to the owner's gallery?
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
das930
Newbee

Post by das930 »

Jeroen wrote:Made the photo links work for ya mate, perhaps we should move this thread to the owner's gallery?
Thanks don't no what im doing with the photo link and yes I agree would be better in owners gallery as there will be a few changes to the car over the next few months as like the original chrome bumper look, love the mods done on the car just like the old school look