Recent BMW spy shots

The place for everything non E21. Now with dedicated E12 & E30 sections
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Recent BMW spy shots

Post by Jeroen »

When we arrived at the Nurburgring last Thursday we caught BMW testing some prototypes. Guess what, we brought a camera!

Looks like the new X3

Not a real looker, we already know the 2 series Active Tourer and this is the Hybrid version that is due early 2015

Better, X6M V8!

And the icing on the cake... BMW always denied there will be a M2 but with the wide arches and quad exhausts there's no denying anymore!

Regards/groeten, Jeroen
si.
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Re: Recent BMW spy shots

Post by si. »

Ive always found the 'wrap' they pit on test cars funny especially when the cars are almost complete i assume its to hide the features but lets be honest it doesnt do a very good job

Cant wait to head back over to the ring next year
1989 325i touring - eventual track car project - maybe for sale
1973 2002 - joint resto with a mate
1982 316 - m20b25 shitty on the outside shiney on the inside
2005 330i - Clubsport individual
polov8
E21 Pro
My E21(s): '83 Polaris silver 316

Post by polov8 »

Remember when BMW made good looking cars? it seems to be becoming a distant memory! :x
Andy
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Andy: perhaps more people find that models need to grow on us, we need to get used to designs. That was the case with the E28 back in the 80's and the E60 5-series was very much hated by their current owners when it was introduced haha! Still, I find the designs of nearly all models after the E46 disappointing and I feel that a brand like Audi generally does a better job (pity they make cars that are cr@p to drive). But still the modern car designs are not my favorites. Hard to believe they may be future classics. Can you imagine us at old age, drooling over a Prius, Scenic or a 2 series Active Tourer? And how many of these crappy pensioner's scootmobiles like the Agila, 107 or C1 will there be left in 20 years? Pieces of history I'd like to hide under the foundations of the Colosseum please.

Simon: the wrap was always done to hide the lines and from a distance that does its job, but at a place as easy to access as the Ring it doesn't have much value anymore. There were some cars from other brands with more camouflage though, sometimes complete tents. That is what manufacturers use at earlier stages, but with the models we saw from BMW they are pretty close to being ready for production. Will try to post a few examples of others tonite.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Some more shots, most likely all non BMW. What make/model gents??

Updated RS coming up instead of ST?

Mercedes for sure, facelift planned?

This was a weird A3 sportback, 99% equipped with V10 but not as loud as the average Lambo and looks a bit weird to be a mule for that. Behind the trim are 4 exhausts

Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Jeroen wrote:This was a weird A3 sportback, 99% equipped with V10 but not as loud as the average Lambo and looks a bit weird to be a mule for that. Behind the trim are 4 exhausts

Bunch of idiots that was alongside the Nordschelife asking themselves what business a V10 engine had in the A3 chassis. Apparently, if was half that! Audi revealed yesterday they will be introducing a RS3 in 2015 with a good old 5 cylinder turbo setup. We saw it first...
Regards/groeten, Jeroen