June 5-7 2015: Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or, Dijon (F)

Direct links: 2023 Calendar & reports ; All previous event reports
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

June 5-7 2015: Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or, Dijon (F)

Post by Jeroen »

The fast and recently facelifted Dijon-Prenois ex F1 track offers a lot of space and spectacular views in the hills. The Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or (GPAO or Grand Prix of the Golden Age) was recently rejuvenated by French Peter Auto who also do a great job at organizing events like the Le Mans and Spa Classic. So lots of legendary action is to be expected, including a wealth of CSL's, M1's and at least one E21 Group 5 racer.

Together with Peter Auto and the French BMW and Alpina clubs you can expect a wonderful BMW clubmeet as well. French Club Atelier E21 (http://www.forum-e21.com) will take care of a proper celebration of 40 years of E21 as well, and early January already 40 E21's were registered for the event! During the event you can also book a track lap in one of the club sessions.

Trip:
A team from the Dutch & Belgian community will already be in the French Alps the days before so we'll be there as well. Join us! Dijon is less than 5 hours from Eurotunnel destination Calais so that's not too bad! For hotel suggestions see for example booking.com.
You can also make the event part of a week-long trip I called the Dream week for every car nutter.

Official website GPAO: peterauto.peter.fr/.../Grand+Prix+de+l'Age+d'Or

Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Jeroen
Site Admin

Re: June 5-7 2015: Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or, Dijon (F)

Post by Jeroen »

Had a great time at the GPAO. Not much to share yet, but we do have something: a little track video. Taken onboard Olivier's 323/6 JCG (Jean-Claude Giroix, with VGS triple carburettor conversion). Sadly we couldn't go flat out and had to choose some alternative lines as the rear tyres were rubbing. Still we had a great time!

Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Peter V.
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '82 320/6

Post by Peter V. »

:thumbsup
Gr Peter V.

.Some say he eats nuts and bolts for breakfast, all we know is he is called the carburetorman.

BMW E21, 1981 320/6 Ascot Grau.
BMW E85, 2004 Z4 2.5i Sterling Grau.
BMW F31, 2017 320dA EDE Luxuryline Mineral Grau.
RO201EX
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 323i S Edition
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/olivier.delatelier

Post by RO201EX »

Yeah .. Image
Welcome to the E21st century !
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Not allowed to share too much GPAO stuff yet but some dedicated E21 stuff should be possible. At the event we met former French F3 champion Benjamin Poron. He had just finished a Group 2/H E21 320i and was ready to race. The M10 engine ran really well initially but a broken rocker arm during qualifying and another unknown malfunction during the race ended his weekend without success. Still he was happy to show us around the car, we'll make a nice special on this car later, a few teaser shots for now!

Don't you love the comments on the dash? A Boum! gauge, a Houla warning light and mmmm that Frrrrrr button hahahaha!

Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Catching up with my photo backlog, but slowly. A few for now. What a wonderful event!

Regards/groeten, Jeroen