Master cilinder up-grade!

The place for everything non E21. Now with dedicated E12 & E30 sections
ffonseca

Master cilinder up-grade!

Post by ffonseca »

Hello Jeroen,

As promissed the feed-back on the 25mm Master Cilinder up-grade.

This week-end finaly had the time to install the up-grade, and the answer is...yes it's GREAT!
Anyone with a 320is which want's something that really brakes at an affordable price this is it!

It's a rock solid brake pedal, haven't tried it on track yet, but on the road is great.

Regards
Frederico

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Goooooooood!!!! Now... any things to watch out for when fitting it? BTW... man this was all on the old forum... where did U get that thing?
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
ffonseca

Post by ffonseca »

The website is www.bimmerworld.com and the Kit (master cilider+aATE Blue Blue Brake Fluid) costed me around 200€. Included import taxes and freight.

The Job is a straight fit 1 hour max, Install; bleed the hole thing and have FUN!

The brakes pedal will feel a bit less sensitive than the standard thing, but once you push it properly it will feel extra powerfull and ultra precise.

Have a good pair of brake pads on it. Because from now on you will heat the things real bad!

Regards
Frederico
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Ok thanks for the info Frederico.

As I already posted here... couldn't find an affordable 320iS so I got myself a 325i for track use now. Need a bit of work before its ready for the track so that's where my money is going at the moment.

But I like to have my info complete as I'm sure there will be big brakes on my 320iS... could use some more anchor power.

I'm curious what pads you're using. The track car will be equipped with Mintex M1144 as it's both reliable on the road and on the track and my supplier tells me they're better than green or even red stuff. Well I'll test it first and see how long it manages... doing one hour of test driving at the Zandvoort track April 24.

Again, thanks!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen

Post by Guest »

Curious, as I will also have an hour of track-day on the same day the 24th of April on the Estoril race-track!

As far as brake pads, I'm wearing Ferrodo Racing, they have to be warmed -up a bit but after the first few kms they brake like Hell!

As I am not driving the car on raining days, no problem with that.

I'am also considering up-grading the car with Powerflrx Nylon Bushes, they are quite expensive, but at leat the rear beam munting bush and the anti-rollbar will be up-graded.

I have also ordered from Holland http://www.bccp.nl an exauhst thermo tec protection for the manyfold. And have received it today hopefully i am able to install it befre the track-day!

It's suposed to heavily reduce temprature inside the engine compartment and accelerate exhausht gases out of the engine giving some extra horepower at a considerable cost 120€.....

Will keep you posted later on this.

Regards
Frederico
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

I've ordered the master cylinder upgrade now! Can't wait for it to arrive.. Tired of getting scared by my brakes.