anti sway bars

For all your questions, problems and DIY stories
tonydude
Newbee
My E21(s): '80 320/6

anti sway bars

Post by tonydude »

Hi guys,

I am looking to fit sportier anti sway bars to my 320/6, but i can't find any from the big aftermarket parts manufacturers. If anyone could tell me where to get some good ones i'd really appreciate it.

Thank you very much,

Tony

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: anti sway bars

Post by Jeroen »

There is a complete front and rear kit from Suspension Techniques that is good quality too, using the front bar myself. Includes all you need, bushes etc. Available from Ireland Engineering and Hardeman Autosport afaik.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen

Also see our E21 Facebook Group!
tonydude
Newbee
My E21(s): '80 320/6

Post by tonydude »

Thank you very much for your help! Will check it out
e21Keith
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): '81 323i Manual

Post by e21Keith »

I am told that the original e21s in the BMW Cup class in the UK used an additional standard anti roll bar bolted to the existing one, so they ran with 2 front ARBs. The information comes from someone who used to work for BMW at the time the cars were being prepared. There were a set of special brackets that allowed fitting of the second ARB. has anyone else heard of or seen this?
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

These used to be available on the net in the past as well, believe these were from ST as well. But I think I'd rather go for a 1 piece bar and on top of that I have the Alpina reinforcement bar fitted underneath the ARB as well. You can just see that one right underneath the deep front spoiler on below photo. So I went for best of both worlds, 25mm front bar from ST and only the Alpina center bar so the ends of the sway bar can still move freely- ish haha

Regards/groeten, Jeroen

e21Keith
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): '81 323i Manual

Post by e21Keith »

I'm not unhappy with the way my e21 handles with everything stock and Eibach springs, I was just thinking that as spare front ARBs are plentiful (I have 3 spare) this could be an easy and inexpensive mod to see how it goes?
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

You can give that a try but then you have to hook both bars up properly otherwise it won't make a difference of course.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen