315 e21 Opalgrün metallic

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: 315 e21 Opalgrün metallic

Post by Jeroen »

My very first E21 was a 316 with the same setup and I still think it wasn't over the top. Perhaps the 323i badge was haha, but this was how I bought her from a guy at the local car body shop, including the dark tail lights and bumpers sprayed in the same graphite paint as the rest of the car. I only added the OZ 15" Alpina reps as an upgrade from the 13" alloys.

Regards/groeten, Jeroen
parera
E21 starter
My E21(s): 315 e21 1983

Post by parera »

Hello Folks !

I'm back, The car has since had a Single Headlights conversion, and a BBS front spoiler since i wasn't able to find an original front valance in good condition,

But I'm wondering, I have everything to drive this car daily, except a decent paint, since I already have two e30 i'm working on, I don't have the budget to make a perfect paint job in the original Opalgrün metallic, I will do it later for sure, but until this time, I will have to paint the car on another color, A classic single stage paint job ( RAL color ), only the exterior, just to be able to enjoy the car as much as I would like to .

Would you have any recommendation about the color ?

The cheapest and easiest color would be black, but it's way too far from the original I think, I'm thinking about a light Grey color, So it wouldn't be too shocking with the doors interior paint etc..
parera
E21 starter

Post by parera »

Hey guys, I had quite a fright today ! I was doing my carburator tuning, Everything was doing fine, then all of sudden the engine started reving, the engine was not totally hot yet, and it lasted for a good 10 seconds with the engine screaming at its top RPM, The car is stored really close to my e30 so I had a hard time reaching the driver seat to shut down the car !! I thought it was going to explode, Now it's running fine, But I will change all the carburetor gasket, I guess there is something wrong !
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

That's usually a carb problem indeed, scary moment! Have you decided on the color yet?
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
parera
E21 starter

Post by parera »

Yes, Luckily it looks like it didn't make any damage to the engine ! I haven't made any decision yet concerning the color, because i really love the opalgrün ... But it might be black ! The paint is really cheap and black is easy to match in case I need to repaint further parts, But it will just be temporary, As soon as I could afford it, It will have a brand new Opalgrün paint !