315 1981 giorgio2g Greece

giorgio2g
Upcoming E21 fanatic
My E21(s): '81 315 5speed manual

315 1981 giorgio2g Greece

Post by giorgio2g »

Hello everyone! I am starting this thread to show you my very own e21! First of all its a 1981 model (according to the car's VIN number). It was my father's first car, he bought it as new in 1985 from a BMW dealership in Düsseldorf. Until 2003 it was our family car, but then my dad bought a new car and this one was stored away...
Until the summer of 2016! That's a turning point for this car, cause that's when i decided that it was time to make my childhood dream a reality and make my dad's e21, my first car also (and my only so far). After a few months of research in January 2017 the process of restoration began. First the car was stripped for a new paintjob and also to repair the rusty points (fortunately there were only a few of those), afterwards new tires, new suspension and the car was ready to hit the road again (and that's what it did :) ).
Of course there are a lot still to be made, but in time i hope to built this car exactly as i visualizing it in my mind. In the imminent future i am going to swap the gearbox, from 4speed to 5speed and then i will have to find why the engine burns oil. Fell free to ask me anything about the car.
Please see my album in photobucket here: http://s324.photobucket.com/user/Deleth ... t=9&page=1
I am also posting a few photos in this thread:

Beware of the shark
petroscf
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '77 EU 316 (2.0 - manual/dogleg - lsd)

Re: 315 1981 giorgio2g Greece

Post by petroscf »

Hi Giorgos and once again welcome here mate.
Excellent car, good idea to build it up to your taste- it is a good clean 315: the perfect base to start up with, I can ensure you it is going to give you lots of happy moments driving it
Hope we have the chance to meet for a coffee soon as we are living fairly close, maybe we can arrange two separate roadtrips and meet somewhere in the middle with our E21s :loll
/oo=00=oo\
E21 Forever
giorgio2g
Upcoming E21 fanatic
My E21(s): '81 315 5speed manual

Re: 315 1981 giorgio2g Greece

Post by giorgio2g »

petroscf wrote: Hope we have the chance to meet for a coffee soon as we are living fairly close, maybe we can arrange two separate roadtrips and meet somewhere in the middle with our E21s :loll
Of course, he should arrange a meeting :)
Beware of the shark