Henarot 316

<RT>
Newbee
My E21(s): 1981 316 Hennarot restomod

Henarot 316

Post by <RT> »

So the project of restoring our E21 and giving it a new beating heart is underway.

Components stripped and test fitting completed, we are now working our way down the driveline to determine what fabrication is needed to get the new motor in with as little work as possible.

The aim is to make the car as close to oem as possible, with some performance and handling enhancements. We want the car to look like it rolled out of the factory exactly the way it is finished, which is going to take some time and effort, but will be well worth it.

The only real exception is likely to be the interior, where the standard seats are just not up to the job and the Recaros aren’t much better. For the price, I think we’ll find something a bit newer that looks in keeping. Restomod rather than retro for the sake of it!

The M10 1.8 motor for this car has done less than 90k miles, if anyone is looking.

Also available is the much sought after 242/5BN 5-speed gearbox that came in the car direct from the factory. This has also covered less than 90k miles.

I’ll update as progress is made!

I will also add pictures once I figure out how to!

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: Henarot 316

Post by Jeroen »

Good plans, keep us posted on your progress!

For posting photos: Howto: posting photos and videos
Regards/groeten, Jeroen