Project 326i

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: Project 326i

Post by Jeroen »

Quality work and nice progress, big thumbs up!

Regards/groeten, Jeroen
pic
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by pic »

Lars-Nord wrote:Nice work. I am impressed of what you do without a garage. Someday I will do something with a E21 myself.
Thank you Lars!
Jeroen wrote:Quality work and nice progress, big thumbs up!
And thank for you too Jeroen.
Great honor for me what you guys said. Sometimes it is very difficult to continue, but this time I get a new strength. Thank you!
Lars-Nord
E21 Pro

Post by Lars-Nord »

You just have to keep up the good work. The price in the end is that you have a unik car that you gona have a lot of fun driving.
81 e21 323i polaris
That's a whole lott of engine under the bonnet;-)
JJGBMW323
E21 starter

Post by JJGBMW323 »

Looks great, nice work. I like how you restored the car, and all the build up on it, including the rims.
I have done something similar for my e21 323i with a 3.0 liter M20....

Let me know if you could make another e21 subframe with the e30 diff holder inside of it, for me. I can pay you to do this as its not really available in the states.
pic
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by pic »

:thnx I can make another diff conversion if you want. I will send you a message!
pic
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by pic »

This is a big day to me. I put the engine in the car. :shake

I'm very grateful for my friend Miki Hauck, who build this engine for me! :thumbsup

Need a lot to do, but i'm pretty happy now. Need to build back the fuel feeding things, made new flexible brakelines, and rebuilding the brakes. If somebody can measuring the rubber brake hoses for me, it will made my work much easier! :thumbsup
pandemonium001
E21 Pro
My E21(s): E12 535i T (ish)

Post by pandemonium001 »

Some quality work there!!! :thumbsup
pic
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by pic »

Thanks! :cheers

I'm pretty angry about the Reinz upper sealing set. It's not cheap, and i bought it exactly for the e21 323i. When i bought the set, i know the cylinder head gasket will not fit for the bigger bore of course, but its ok, because i want Elring head gasket. The first dissapointment was, throttle body sealing is not fitting. :wtf Today i want to fit the injectors. And the seals was not fit. I saw before, they give O rings for it, but of course its not good. I do not write more words how angry I was...
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

Well sofar things look great, minor drawback but I understand the disappointment!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
ukE21hp
Newbee
My E21(s): 332 Custom

Post by ukE21hp »

You are Legend. good job mate!
pic
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by pic »

Thanks mate! :cheers
pic
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by pic »

Jeroen wrote:Well sofar things look great, minor drawback but I understand the disappointment!
I solved the problem. :wink: I bought 6 piece 5x6 O rings, and fits perfect. The price is funny, it's scratched the 60 eurocents. For the six O rings of course. :lol: I used the reinz O rings too, it's working fine on the injector's stem, now the injectors have triple O rings on it, fitting pretty close to the inlet manifold's holes. :thumbsup
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

:thumbsup
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
pic
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by pic »

Some 'lil updates. Renewed the fuelpump, fuel accumulator, replaced the filter, and now the fuel line is finished. One of my friend took me a cooler, i made the electric fan wiring with the first series electric fan, and double temperature sensor. I took a lots of stuff to Sandblaster Joey, exhaust manifold, rear trailing arms, rear stabilizer, alternator and startermotor housing, etc. then primed and painted black or color. Renewed the alternator, and startermotor, made some modifing on the rear axle for the exhaust, and welded up the camber and toe kit. Now i need to build back the propellershaft and the halfshafts, and then the drivetrain is finished. I hope the middle silencer coming tomorrow, and then i can finishing the exhaust too. Need to make brackets for the cooler, fill up the cooling system and make a start. :rev
pic
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by pic »