My 81 sapphire blue 320/6

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: My 81 sapphire blue 320/6

Post by Jeroen »

Looks great! I tried to mirror the interior image to make it a LHD but the dials and pedals look too funny this way lol

Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Peter V.
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '82 320/6

Post by Peter V. »

That's a very nice 320/6 you have.
Power steering, weber conversion, a perfect interoir and most of all a nice body and colour. :thumbsup
Gr Peter V.

.Some say he eats nuts and bolts for breakfast, all we know is he is called the carburetorman.

BMW E21, 1981 320/6 Ascot Grau.
BMW E85, 2004 Z4 2.5i Sterling Grau.
BMW F31, 2017 320dA EDE Luxuryline Mineral Grau.
TURBINE
E21 starter

Post by TURBINE »

[quote="Jeroen"]Looks great! I tried to mirror the interior image to make it a LHD but the dials and pedals look too funny this way lol

That does look weird alright lol,it would be interesting to try to drive a version like that Jeroen! :)
TURBINE
E21 starter

Post by TURBINE »

Peter V. wrote:That's a very nice 320/6 you have.
Power steering, weber conversion, a perfect interoir and most of all a nice body and colour. :thumbsup
Thanks Peter,on one hand I would love some recaro seats for the car but apart from the fact they are very difficult and expensive to source,the original interior is in exceptional condition and it would almost be a shame to replace it I think! :)
Peter V.
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '82 320/6

Post by Peter V. »

I have the same issue with the interior. A nice pair of recaro's in the same fabric would be nice.
Gr Peter V.

.Some say he eats nuts and bolts for breakfast, all we know is he is called the carburetorman.

BMW E21, 1981 320/6 Ascot Grau.
BMW E85, 2004 Z4 2.5i Sterling Grau.
BMW F31, 2017 320dA EDE Luxuryline Mineral Grau.
polov8
E21 Pro
My E21(s): '83 Polaris silver 316

Post by polov8 »

You could harvest the fabric from some back seats of the same material and get a pair of Recaro's re-trimmed to match.
Andy
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

I've been thinking the same so I wouldn't mind running into a couple of VGC rear seats in the blue 6 cil facelift fabric.

However, done this before, in most cases the sunlight has ruined the cloth already. It may look good but you can rip it apart quite easily. So better be critical before sending over cloth to your local upholstery man, it may not last a day.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
mendipdriver
E21 starter

Post by mendipdriver »

Hi Turbine,

I love the look of your car - the wheels are spot on! I've been looking at your photos interested in the DGAS carb you are running; do you have problems with the anti-stall? The white vacuum tube should run from the portal on the back of the manifold to the dissy, with a shot length of tube between the base of the carb and the anti-stall pump. I can supply the fitting instructions if you wish? What timing do run (deg BTDC)?
mendipdriver
E21 starter

Post by mendipdriver »

Also with out rambling on, i recently bought a set of Opel Manta Recaros off ebay in pristine condition for less than £100; 80s grey sport check. IMHO - the best up-grade for the E21, i feel planted and so does the car - magnificent!!
arshad76
E21 Pro
My E21(s): Considering another E21

Post by arshad76 »

Jeroen wrote:I've been thinking the same so I wouldn't mind running into a couple of VGC rear seats in the blue 6 cil facelift fabric.

However, done this before, in most cases the sunlight has ruined the cloth already. It may look good but you can rip it apart quite easily. So better be critical before sending over cloth to your local upholstery man, it may not last a day.
I'm also looking for an anthracite rear seat to retrim my recaro's and conscious of sun damage too. Maybe use the fabric from the bottom up? Tops will certainly be brittle if there was no protection from the sun.
UK Moderator
Jeroen
Site Admin

Post by Jeroen »

That sure makes a difference, I'd always use the fabric from the bottom part.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
TURBINE
E21 starter

Post by TURBINE »

mendipdriver wrote:Hi Turbine,

I love the look of your car - the wheels are spot on! I've been looking at your photos interested in the DGAS carb you are running; do you have problems with the anti-stall? The white vacuum tube should run from the portal on the back of the manifold to the dissy, with a shot length of tube between the base of the carb and the anti-stall pump. I can supply the fitting instructions if you wish? What timing do run (deg BTDC)?
Hi mendipdriver,thanks for the comments.That is interesting about the vacuum tube,i didn't realise that.
Yes would be great if you could share the fitting instructions,thanks.
Im having no problems with the carb apart from the fact that once or twice say when I fill up with fuel the car has been a little difficult to start as if it is flooding.
Apart from that it runs very well though.I cant remember what timing is running at,need to check this,
mendipdriver
E21 starter

Post by mendipdriver »

Hi Turbine, i disconnected the vac tube on my anti-stall and blanked off both ends - my idle speed dropped and moving from a standing start is so much better; so much so i've left it disconnected! I read on the web that the anti-stall valve was provided for autos - so weber didn't have multiple variations of the DG type carb they all had them! Thanks for the photos!! I'll scan the instructions and pm you.
TURBINE
E21 starter

Post by TURBINE »

mendipdriver wrote:Hi Turbine, i disconnected the vac tube on my anti-stall and blanked off both ends - my idle speed dropped and moving from a standing start is so much better; so much so i've left it disconnected! I read on the web that the anti-stall valve was provided for autos - so weber didn't have multiple variations of the DG type carb they all had them! Thanks for the photos!! I'll scan the instructions and pm you.
Ok that would be great,thanks for that mendipdriver.