I have no idea what edition my 1981 323i is! Help!

yonjovi
Newbee
My E21(s): 1981 323i manual coupe

I have no idea what edition my 1981 323i is! Help!

Post by yonjovi »

Hey Everyone,

I recently bought this 1981 323i with restoration in mind.

The previous owner told me that the car is an, "Australian Motorsports Edition" I did some googling and the only thing I could find that matched it's description was this which was on a page that referred to the JPS model:

"Imperial Tabacco's JPS (John Player Special) brand sponsored the BMW race team in the early '80s. BMW Australia promoted this with a special edition 323i E21 based on the Motorsport Edition. The Motorsport Edition was a local market option collection comprising: 5 speed gearbox, Limited Slip Differential, Motorsport suspension (25mm lower and stiffer) Bilstein dampers, Recaro sports seats, sports leather steering wheel. front and rear spoilers and 5.5" BBS mag allow wheels with Michelin XVS tyres, available in White or Polaris Silver."

The car features all the above mentioned features but I was wondering if anyone had ever seen similar or had any information/knowledge on the model?

Cheers.

Mihajlo
E21 Pro
My E21(s): 1982 315swap323i

Re: I have no idea what edition my 1981 323i is! Help!

Post by Mihajlo »

so, you've got LSD... niiice.
and fancy spoiler front and rear....

do you have pictures of interior?
:)
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Welcome here! Not any special edition, a 'stock' (great wheels already!!!) 323i with the original BMW Motorsport deep front and trunklid spoilers. The BBS Mahle wheels are also called 'Motorsport' wheels. Nice enough!

More on the limited editions here: http://www.bmwe21.net/?page_id=137
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
yonjovi
Newbee
My E21(s): 1981 323i manual coupe

Post by yonjovi »

Mihajlo wrote:so, you've got LSD... niiice.
and fancy spoiler front and rear....

do you have pictures of interior?
:)

can get some more images up, sure.