323i project

Euro21
Newbee

323i project

Post by Euro21 »

hi all

so, to give you a bit of back ground up until recently i was the proud owner of a black bmw m535i from 87, then about two weeks ago i popped down to see mick at pristine about a possible re-spray, i had met mick, before a year or so ago on this advice of mark 21 on the forum, as at the time i was looking for a 21, but i didnt end up doing a deal at the time

Long story short i ended up with an e28 instead of a 21 as i got a great deal, i enjoed the 28 but for some reason i found myself back down at micks place and having only been there ten minutes i has forgotten about the 28 respray and was looking at a possible project 21, one day after that and having spoken to mark again the 28 wa ssold and the 21 project is being bought (pictures to follow, got to go and get some on saturday)

so i just wanted to say a massive thank you to mark for all his help, and start a thread on the project, think its going to take sometime to get it how i want it, but im just glad i have fianlly got a 21

cheers

jim

philiper
E21 starter
My E21(s): Gone, thankfully

Re: 323i project

Post by philiper »

Hi and welcome Jim.

like you I had so much help and support from Mark that is unbelievable, he is a star!

good luck in your project and can't wait to see the photos :)
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

A warm welcome on the forum indeed Jim, and congrats on your E21! Looking forward to the presentation and developments here and yes, Mark is an asset to E21 land and the forum indeed!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Euro21
Newbee

Post by Euro21 »

thanks for the welcome messages all

the car is currently in bits, but i will get some pics so that u can see how it currently stands, im looking forward to getting stuck in on this one, feels like its been a while since i had a car that i really couldnt wait to see finished
Euro21
Newbee

Post by Euro21 »

so its been a while since i posted anything, but the car has been moving along, fully stripped and all metal work now done, all the holes i dont want and all the new panels added in where they need to be

just in the process of doing a bit of research around suspension and brakes, so i thought id ask the question on here

so what coilovers does everyone rate? i was looking at gaz golds and they seem spot on but im not sure what everyone else is running?

as for brakes i have been looking at the wilwood six pots, but cant find anyone who is currently runnning them so i thought id ask what people are doing for big brake kits on their cars

im trying to gather all the parts i need so when it come to the build up i have the majority of stuff bought

thanks in advance for your thoughts
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Enough topics on brake upgrades here, most in Top Tech Topics, for example

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=756

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9043

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=20181

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23814
Regards/groeten, Jeroen