Help with forum member

The place for everything non E21. Now with dedicated E12 & E30 sections
Mobster

Help with forum member

Post by Mobster »

I needed some BBS 15" Centre Caps for an E30. This particular forum member told me he has 3 caps. Not having any centre caps, i didnt know what they looked like. I met the forum member and he gave me the centre caps. I handed him £60. When i got the centre caps home, i quickly realised they were too small. I contacted the seller and he told me it is not possible and that he removed the centre caps from E30 15" BBS's. He also told me the sale was sold as seen. I sent the member various photographs showing the caps are too small. Then i went onto realoem and ebay and the part number for the centre caps sold me are actually fit on 14" BBS E30 wheels, not 15". The 15" centre caps twists on and the 14" centre cap pushes. Since then, i have been banging my head against a brick wall with the seller who is adamant he removed the centre caps off genuine 15" BBS E30 wheels. The seller finally sent me an image of what he said is the wheel he removed the centre cap from. I cant verify this as it is just a picture of a wheel without a cap on it. The picture of the wheel he sent me was a 15" wheel, exactly the same wheel i have been try to fit the cap onto. I asked for the seller to meet me and bring the wheel with him but he said he does not have access to the wheels any more. The picture of the wheel he sent me has the 3 securing tags where the 15" centre caps twists onto, exactly the same as my wheels. The caps he has sold me dont have the catches. Anyway regardless of catches or no catches, the caps are too small.

I just cant make the seller see sense. Its only £60 but this has become a matter of principle now. The forum member has said he is not happy refunding my money.

I am hoping the forum will try and help with member understand that he has sold me are 14" centre caps and not 15" and i have no idea how they fitted his genuine 15" E30 BBS's. Please ignore the VW sign, this is just the centre logo.

This is the image of the wheel sent to me by the seller of the wheel he removed the caps from

Here is a link to similar caps the forum mmber sold me. They even have the same part numbers.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1356335692

As i dont want to name and shame, i have left the forum members name off this post.

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: Help with forum member

Post by Jeroen »

Clearly these are 14" caps, there are no different versions of the 15" wheels with different cap sizes. Perhaps the seller thought they came of 15" but that defo is not the case. Shit happens and in that case how hard is it to admit you got it wrong?

He is entitled to a different view and since this is an open place I herewith invite him to express his side of the story here. But based on your story it looks like he needs this money so much he's willing to give up common decency for a mere 60 quid.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Mobster

Post by Mobster »

Jeroen wrote:Clearly these are 14" caps, there are no different versions of the 15" wheels with different cap sizes. Perhaps the seller thought they came of 15" but that defo is not the case. Shit happens and in that case how hard is it to admit you got it wrong?

He is entitled to a different view and since this is an open place I herewith invite him to express his side of the story here. But based on your story it looks like he needs this money so much he's willing to give up common decency for a mere 60 quid.
Not sure how he can get it wrong, he said he bought the wheels together with the caps and the picture he has sent me is allegedly the picture of the wheel he removed the caps from. The wheels are in his mates lock up and he doesn't like people going there but took time out to take this picture for me.

If I was to upload the whatsapp conversation, it is alarming. Seriously. I'm not going to do it, but boy.

The seller has in an odd way offered to return my money but does not admit he sold me the wrong item. Asked me to meet him at a fairly intimidating environment (which I agreed to), then failed to show there and now is unsure when he can return my money as he is busy. All this yet he is still adamant these are 15" centre caps.

Since posting this, I have come to the realisation that I don't want to see this individual ever again and I have written off the mere £60 and asked him to delete my number. Weather he chooses to reply to this post is his prerogative, I won't be made to beg for my £60 or spend days trying to make him see he is wrong, I got much better things to do with my time.
polov8
E21 Pro
My E21(s): '83 Polaris silver 316

Post by polov8 »

Given others here might have to deal with this guy, I can't help think there should be a period of time for him to make things right, and if there's no resolution and apology then he should be named and banned for this.
Andy
harleytrike
E21 Fanatic

Post by harleytrike »

A refund has been offered which I have no problem in doing when I get the time. The place where I agreed to meet is not intimidating at all just a bunch of bikers for a get together which happens every week during the summer months but due to todays weather the people I arranged to meet up with cancelled. Is a group of bmw's intimidating at meet? I have been accused of being a liar and a conman by this buyer which I am not. I know what I sold the buyer was e30 centre caps for 15" cross spokes if the buyer wants a refund then he will have until I get the chance to meet up with as ive been away over the weekend and have a lot to do to catch up but I have no problem in giving him his money back ive on this forum a while now and I don't think anyone else has ever had a problem with dealing with me.
Mobster

Post by Mobster »

I never used the words con man or liar, these are the sellers words not mine. If the seller really wants me to upload the whatsapp conversation, I am more than happy to do so. The truth is that when I challenged the seller and said these could not have been removed from 15" wheels, he said to me that I was calling him a liar and con man.
Jeroen has categorically said that these centre caps are for 14" wheels, something I have said to the seller all along, however the seller is still adamant that these are 15" caps from E30 15" BBS wheels even though a 3rd party has confirmed it.
I really don't want my money back, for 4-5 days I have been trying to make the seller see that these are not 15" caps. I don't want anything to do with the seller and have asked him to delete my number, I have already deleted his. If he wants to put the matter straight, he is going to have to make the effort, as far as I am concerned, the caps can go in the bin and he can keep the £60
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

I am glad harleytrike stepped up here and I do hope you guys can settle this. BTW checked the specs on the caps, the 14" caps are 151mm in diameter, the 15" examples 171mm. But why go through the effort of meeting when times are busy and you disagree? Transfer the funds, mail the caps, say sorry and move on.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Grewham
Upcoming E21 fanatic
My E21(s): 80 323i Factory Black 5 speed LSD

Post by Grewham »

I too have had bad dealings with this member but can't be bothered to discuss it here, he knows what he did, caveat emptor
No sweeter purfume than a mans own farts (Oscar Wilde)
harleytrike
E21 Fanatic

Post by harleytrike »

Hold a minute grewham I was on holiday and said that when I returned off my holiday I would post them out. I also told you the the p&p fees that royalmail quoted was stupid money and that I was looking into a cheaper option for you.
Grewham
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by Grewham »

I would think they are now in your mates RS 2000 ? But if you still have them then fine I retract my statement apologise and you can send me your pay pal details, £80 plus £25 postage, is that correct?
harleytrike
E21 Fanatic

Post by harleytrike »

I had two sets one set got sold to a forum member which is very happy with his purchase and one set still here which I have now decided to keep due to being accused of being a bad seller if I do change my mind then I shall list them on ebay
Grewham
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by Grewham »

Convenient
harleytrike
E21 Fanatic

Post by harleytrike »

No just saves arguments which is not what forums are for
Grewham
Upcoming E21 fanatic

Post by Grewham »

Pot kettle! But your right lets not argue, not that i was. I've a lovely paper trail to read :) tis done you've made your bed here with me heaven forbid you ever want any of my lovely bits :) good night one an all.... :thumbsup
problemchild75
E21 Fanatic

Post by problemchild75 »

Lool school girls are more grown up than this. Is it really worth a tread of it's own. We are almost in the zone