Early 320i Granatrot from Garage du Bac - LittleJackMess -

LittleJackMess
Newbee
My E21(s): 1976 Euro 320i Granatrot

Early 320i Granatrot from Garage du Bac - LittleJackMess -

Post by LittleJackMess »

Hi guys!

So here is a proper presentation of my long waited new toy !

1975 320i Granatrot originally bought from Garage du Bac, Alpina importer for france.

seems to be only one "real use" owner as the first owner drove the car until 1995 when he stored it in his basement until it changed hands in 2021 and been stored again for 2 years en that's when i enter in her life...

So 28 years sitting in what seems to be dry environment accordind to the low level of corrosion... especially on the toolbox wich foam has the tendency to hold moisture...

LittleJackMess
Newbee
My E21(s): 1976 Euro 320i Granatrot

Re: Early 320i Granatrot from Garage du Bac - LittleJackMess -

Post by LittleJackMess »

And now where it sits at my dayjob workshop... unfortunately outside as i have other projects at the same time that take all the space in my personnal garage... :stupidme :stupidme :stupidme

Interior is in really good shape for it's 225000 km... need a good cleaning to shine again bus seats covers are almost perfect.

So i'm currently in the process of restarting the car and it needed some attention...

28 year old fuel created some problem of course...

Fuel Tank full of goo from dryed fuel and rusted and missing fuel level sending unit (wich is my biggest problem at the moment) as the previous owned removed, destroyed and threw away :stupidme

by the way it's oem ref is 16 12 111 4255 if anyone have one on his shelf...

Metering head piston blocked

Injectors Clogged and o-rings turned into hard plastic (Lots of fun moments to remove from the inlet :sealed )

All the fuel lines fryed and cracking like glass

air hoses for the additional air valve too...

I found a good used Fuel tank as it was cheaper than the chemicals i needed to buy to try to refurbish the old one...
I ordered rebuild kits for the metering head, warm up regulator, a set of new injectors and all the paper joints, hoses and o-ring i could find for the inlet system...
Found a NOS fuel pressure accumulator, which i hope will work as it was missing too...

and now while i wait for these parts that come from all arond the world (hopefully fast) i guess i will finish to remove all the inlet system components and clean and prepare for reassembly.

Next step will be to remove the carpets as jack points are quite rusted and i want to have a proper look at the floor panels and sill panels so i cant bring my bodyshop guy and plan to treat... hopefully it will be only around the jack point and i will not need to do the sills... it's free to dream :innocent
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Post by uwbuurman »

Cool!!
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport
Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Post by Jeroen »

Ah you managed in the end haha, looks really good Sir, thanks for sharing your story and photos!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Manitoba
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '80 323i, 5-speed manual Kastanien rot

Post by Manitoba »

What a gem! Have fun and keep those pictures coming!

Greetz,
Walter.