I was wondering if any of you have a picture or some kind of documentation regarding the original routing of BMW E21 316 vacuum hoses, I suspect that mine are routed wrong because some hoses seem to do nothing, just to suck air from outside past the carburetor, and the carburetor's secondary barrel doesn't open under acceleration, although that might be a different issue. Any information is useful because I can't really find anything online.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 28941
- Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:23 pm
- My E21(s): '81 323i Baur
- Location: The Netherlands
- Peter V.
- E21 VIP
- Posts: 11922
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:42 pm
- My E21(s): '82 320/6
- Location: Breda, Nederland
This means that you have the early carb on it? 32/32 DIDTA??
If that so i may be able to help you.
Please post some pictures of you're vacuumlines so I can compare them with teh pictures and info i have.
.Some say he eats nuts and bolts for breakfast, all we know is he is called the carburetorman.
BMW E21, 1981 320/6 Ascot Grau.
BMW E85, 2004 Z4 2.5i Sterling Grau.
BMW F31, 2017 320dA EDE Luxuryline Mineral Grau.
- Upcoming E21 fanatic
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:12 pm
- My E21(s): 02/80 316 , 2000cc,5gear,4carbs
- E21 VIP
- Posts: 18424
- Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:49 pm
- My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris
- Location: Ljouwert