E21 323i - ex315 from Croatia

Mihajlo
E21 Pro
My E21(s): 1982 315swap323i

Post by Mihajlo »

coilovers are homemade.
we copied some racing units and it is OK. :wink:

I bought springs with shocks (bilstein B6) and I don't know wich brand are they.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Mihajlo
E21 Pro

Post by Mihajlo »

OK, next week MOT and registering m20b23, so officialy, it'll be no more 315.

Today, after who knows how much, odometer counts kilometers! It's been repaired for freeeeee!!!!

I made 100km just to be sure it's working. :wink: checked rear tyres also, I doubt if they survive till spring.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
tommi_e21
E21 Mad

Post by tommi_e21 »

homemade coilovers are the best type :)
Mihajlo
E21 Pro

Post by Mihajlo »

Cheers!

We replaced fuel pump because old one is dead. Some of fuel rails also (huge fuel consumption solved... :roll: ).

Replaced rear bilstein shocks with Koni Sport ones and coilovers also.

Some of preowners shortened rear diff suport for almost an inch (I don't know why) and disturbed rear wheel alingement, so we make it as it should be.

And we raised the car both front and rear on almost oem height. Bump stops ar no more problem for my exhaust system! :P

I went on car weighting and it weights 1140kg F 600 / R 540 (I forgot to put out winter setup rims from rear of the car and car jack and tool box. :lol:

Still waiting for MOT because of waiting results of "A test" for signing in upgrades that have been made on car...

And L-Jetronic is on its way... :twisted:
Mihajlo
E21 Pro

Post by Mihajlo »

I have MOT certificate!
weeee!
from today is no more 315 but it's 323i
:D
Mihajlo
E21 Pro

Post by Mihajlo »

yesterday I bought m20b23 engine with L-Jetronic and some multispoke rims

8)
Mihajlo
E21 Pro

Post by Mihajlo »

this exhaust is no more on my car

it's off and looks like these. poor bastard was beaten all the way up nad down

new one is from stainless steel front mufler and the rear one..

mounted

When idleing it is a bit louder but when running it does not sound any louder than old one.

Trip in one way is 116 km and my tacho measured only 99km's :lol: (why is that, I don't know)
3.45 final diff is overkill as I said before... when torturing (driving 110km/h) in fifth gear, car is acting like it has a hole on fuel tank so next step is to change final gear ratio (4.1 will be just fine I guess)
sheep
Newbee

Post by sheep »

di si mihajlo frende, nisam ni znao da ima nekolicina hrvata na ovom forumu, i da imamo isti naslov, ''e21 from croatia'' jel to hrvatski ponos? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mihajlo
E21 Pro

Re: E21 323i - ex315 from Croatia

Post by Mihajlo »

fistaccio
Newbee

Post by fistaccio »

RESPECT!!! i have a question, when you changed the engine, did you changed the m10 subframe with a m20 one or you modified it for the m20b23 to fit, beause i whant to the the same swap but directly with a l-jetronic one.
Mihajlo
E21 Pro

Post by Mihajlo »

yes, I changed subframe...
Mine car was also K-Jet but a month ago, we fitted LE-Jetronic...
It showed that K-Jet was 100% OK, but spark cables and rotor/cap was disfunctional (little crack and everything goes wrong).

now I have K-Jet that is passing away. :roll:
fistaccio
Newbee

Post by fistaccio »

very nice, so how's it running with the 150hp from the LE-jetronic, i just can wait to fix the 2.3 on mine.
Mihajlo
E21 Pro

Post by Mihajlo »

it runs very fine, I can't complain.... but... I have 3.45 diff with LSD and car is lowered pretty much, so rear wheels have too much negative camber and toe out.

3.45 diff = OVERKILL
toe out (lots of toe out) = scary when wet :mrgreen:
Mihajlo
E21 Pro

Post by Mihajlo »

Hello! :mrgreen:

My brake master cylinder is dead.

Will brake booster and brake master cylinder from E24 635 model fit E21 323i? (at least with some modifications?)
I'm looking forward to upgrade brakes with volvo 4 pot calipers at the same time.. (thats why I'm asking about brake booster and brake master cylinder from 635)
Mihajlo
E21 Pro

Post by Mihajlo »

so.. long time no info... :bag

brake master cylinder and brake booster were replaced by old functional ones...
we also replaced old discs on th rear and disc pads and braking fluid.

since windshield got a crack, insurance got me a new one from Pilkington in bronze and today glazzier replaced it and repair crack on the old windshield. and he given it to me just in case... :banana

last week I've been on MOT and everything was jusf fine except
exhaust emissions, (adjusting solve problem)
exhaust loudness, (measuring says it is in tolerance)
aftermarket steering wheel, (car have A-test with it)
steering rack rubber mounting (wich is moving 2-3 mm left and right when steering because it is in RUBBER),
cracks in dashboard, (that is not my fault) :hammer

tomorrow eccentric bolts and washers come and some changes will be made on rear subframe :mrgreen:

also, plan is to repack lsd unit from 3.45 to 4.1 ring and pineon