Finding a good welder/fabricator

Anything that doesn't fit the other categories. Direct link: How to post photos and videos
kullboys
Newbee
My E21(s): 79 US 320i manual

Finding a good welder/fabricator

Post by kullboys »

Hello everyone
I'm looking at getting some repairs done to the e21
Some places I'm just not happy with and really bug me,
My main concern is finding someone I can trust to sort out the areas in the best fashion,replacing metal with metal for long lasting repair,I know a lot of you do your own repairs and I'm going to be learning to weld myself but I need someone to do a great job,my questions are
How do you find a good repairer who is going to cut out the metal and put good fitting new metal in asapossed to filling over metal or just bridging it with tempary fixings.
Thanks.

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: Finding a good welder/fabricator

Post by Jeroen »

Welcome!

A known problem... when you're looking around they all promise the best possible quality, but what level of quality will really be delivered in the end? Personally I only use businesses that I've good experiences with, of that I've heard good things about from others.

Perhaps you can let us know where you're located? We have members from all across the globe and with a bit of luck someone might just know something not too far from where you're located!

Keep your E21 running, and enjoy the forum! We'll try to be of help as much as possible.
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
uwbuurman
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): 1978 type 1 323i 5speed dogleg Polaris

Re: Finding a good welder/fabricator

Post by uwbuurman »

Hi, welcome. Indeed, it'll help to know where you are based. Since you have this US spec 320i, in de good ol' US of A?
It's the man next door!

1978 BMW 323i
1980 BMW 528i maior restitutio
1987 BMW 325iA cabriolet
2006 BMW 320d touring High Executive
2015 BMW 320dA touring xDrive High Executive ///Msport