BBS Front Spoiler with Fog Light Cut-outs Standard?

Anything that doesn't fit the other categories. Direct link: How to post photos and videos
Dodgers
E21 starter
My E21(s): 1977 BMW 316i

BBS Front Spoiler with Fog Light Cut-outs Standard?

Post by Dodgers »

Hello all,

First of all thanks for making me a member. I have recently purchased a very original BMW 316i 1977 in good condition apart from rust in the corner of the sills and arches.

I am a big fan of originality but also a big fan of the BBS range in general and wanted to fit a BBS front spoiler. I hastily bought a BBS bumper off eBay but didn't notice it had cut-outs for fog lights...... leading to my question. Did BBS supply said BBS spoilers with factory cut-outs for BMW factory fitted fog lights??

I have done some exhaustive research to try and find something similar and did find three, one being on this site, one for sale in Germany and the one I have. All of which look very similar which makes me thing that this was a factory option and a rare one at that?

ImageImage
If anyone has a yes/no answer that would be great! The two baby blue pictures are what I have purchased.

Also some part numbers for the BMW BBS Mahle 14" alloys would be very helpful to.

Also I believe the car came with a set of 323i front calipers that I may be putting up for sale if anyone is interested?

Cheers,

Denzil

Jeroen
Site Admin
My E21(s): '81 323i Baur

Re: BBS Front Spoiler with Fog Light Cut-outs Standard?

Post by Jeroen »

Welcome here! Wasn't aware of that but could very well be indeed as you won't be able to fit fogs otherwise, perhaps someone can shed some light on this? I've never seen these cut outs as an option though.

And looking forward to seeing a little presentation on you and your car! Enjoy the forum!
Regards/groeten, Jeroen
Dodgers
E21 starter

Post by Dodgers »

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, I’ve now returned said bumper, but it would be good to get an answer to the question!
I will start posting a bit about mine, it was at the start of being converted to have a 328i engine in it but I’m reverting it back to original and trying to source parts ie steering joint, radiator etc if you know of any people who have stores or parts or breaking a car?

Thanks
bealo
E21 Fanatic
My E21(s): 83 316 1.8
82 320/6

Post by bealo »

I have an rad for the m10 engine. No leaks but does need re cored
You can't polish a turd.... but you can roll it in glitter!!!!
Dodgers
E21 starter

Post by Dodgers »

Hello Bealo, is that a genuine BMW one? If its not leaking why would it need re-coring?
petroscf
E21 VIP
E21 VIP
My E21(s): '77 EU 316 manual

Post by petroscf »

Jeroen wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:11 am I've never seen these cut outs as an option though.
To my eyes these cut-outs seem like custom made, although I would also love such an option
Also I guess that if these were factory made, the spoiler would be sold as a kit with the fog lights, no?
/oo=00=oo\
E21 Forever